The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukuemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Through the Student Series campaign, children, teachers, parents and school administrators are able to directly support the mission of LLS by participating in one of our philanthropy programs. Watch the short video to learn more about our programs and the patient heroes they support.
WHAT THE LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY DOES
LLS invested $40.3 million in research in fiscal year 2017 to advance life-saving research.
LLS is the leading source of free, highly specialized blood cancer information, education and support for patients, survivors, families and healthcare professionals. We touch patients in their communities through our chapters across the U.S. and Canada. We advocate for blood cancer survivors and their families, helping patients navigate their cancer treatments and ensuring they have access to quality, affordable and coordinated care.
Information and Tips
Your child will soon learn firsthand just how powerful he/she can be in helping others. Through participation in the Student Series Programs, students learn leadership, the importance of helping others and just how impactful their involvement can be in helping to save lives. During the programs, students collect donations from friends and family in honor of local student survivors and current patients.We need your support too. Please explore the website to learn more about the LLS Student Series and what you can do to support your child’s efforts. http://www.studentseries.org/suncoast
10 Ways to Support Your Child during their Student Series Program
1. Talk to your child about the value of giving back.
2. Share your child’s classroom, school or individual fundraising page with friends and family. See Online Giving for ideas.
3. Each day, ask your child about the program.
4. Take a coin collection jar to work
5. Ask if your child would like to write a letter to their Honored Hero.
6. Make a personal donation with a check or online gift.
7. Ask your company about matching gifts.
8. Ask your child if they have any questions about cancer.
9. Encourage your child to explore the For Students section of this Web site.
10. Tell them you’re proud of them for making a difference!